From Oblivion to Couch to 10K

April 25, 2011

If this were Wheel of Fortune, that title would be in the Before and After category.... this is why you don't let your grandma pick the shows you watch.

I've started the Couch to 10K.  I was going to do the 5K, but I thought, stupidly mind you, if I'm going to do 5K I may as well do 10K.

Today was day 1 of week 2 and I almost quit about 14 times on the treadmill.  I really have no idea why I kept going.  My usual pattern is to just quit half way through and say "good enough."

But I didn't, I finished.  I think I'll have to repeat week 2, I'm not used to this much running.  And frankly, I don't like running all that much to begin with.

Then as I was blog hopping I saw this quote:

"Your biggest challenge isn't someone else. It's the ache in your lungs and the burning in your legs, and the voice inside you that yells 'CAN'T", but you don't listen. You just push harder. And then you hear the voice whisper 'can'. And you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the one you really are."- Unknown

I don't remember where I saw it, as I peruse a lot of blogs.  But it was just want I needed to read. 

We'll see how Wednesday and Friday go.

1 comments:

Debbie said...

Amazing quote! And Bravo to you for sticking with it!!! So what if you do week 2 over again. From what I understand that is the whole idea, you work up to running a 5k gradually at the pace that works for you.

Good to hear from you again.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Should've Been a Super Villain... Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino