Phase 5 Day 1 - Part 2

February 7, 2011

I suppose the only thing more fun than working out is working out with a shoe full of ice.

In case you are wondering, it takes 10 minutes of walking and 23 seconds of jogging for a shoe full of ice to melt and soak your sock, numb your foot, and drive you completely mad.

Add another minute and you start to wonder if your foot has fallen off because you really can't feel it anymore. 

Two more minutes and you realize that you're going to be cold for the rest of the night.  There's no warming up after this.

Lesson learned - don't keep my runners in my trunk, have a bunch of snow fall in then let the snow melt and refreeze in the shoe.  Shoes go in the house.

On the plus side, I didn't think I'd be able to do the jogging in the plan, but I did it all.  And it wasn't that bad.  OK - it was pretty bad, but, it was doable.

Water in, food on plan, exercise in the bad.  119 days to go.

4 comments:

Karen Butler Ogle said...

The snow and ice is why I love my treadmill. :) I much prefer walking in side when the weather is bad. When spring comes I will be out there though enjoying the sunshine.

Stephanie said...

I was at the gym on a treadmill! No way I'm jogging outside in -25 weather :)

LeFebvre Momma said...

Good job. You stuck it out, way to go. Now you know about the shoes in the trunk!! Hope tomorrow is better and warmer!!

Polar's Mom said...

Makes me wonder what die-hard outside runners do in the snow...wear baggies over their feet??

Polar's Mom
www.polarspage.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Should've Been a Super Villain... Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino