July 6, 2006

Today at work I was told a story about this dog that had to be shot because it was attacked by a porcupine and it had like 300 needles in him, in his eyes and everything.

Then when I got home I learned that the girl who was in that big accident on Ellerslie road and 50th street is the sister of my ex-boyfriend that I dated for 4 years. She graduated high school with my brother, so that's how I found out about it. And I must say, I'm in complete shock.

You never think that these things happen to people that you know. I'm a lot more upset by this than I ever thought that I would be, not that I expected this situation, but in general I suppose.

I'm sad for him, and for his family. I can't even imagine how they must feel. He was an amazing brother to her, the kind of brother that people wish for.

In me it opens up a lot of regret, about how things have turned out, and how I imagined they would turn out. I know that things don't always turn out as planned, but I've just strayed so far off the course I imagined that it's like some other alternate reality or something.

Damn introspection caused by major tragedy.

I'm taking my dog for a haircut tomorrow. Should be a good time.

Song - Blue Skies over Bad Lands - Matthew Good

0 comments:

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Should've Been a Super Villain... Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino