Pillow Clouds of Poison Gas

April 13, 2005

I was a total uberbitch and now I feel like complete crap. I was talking to this guy, and I was telling him about this lecture we had in EDPY, about teaching sex ed.

And everything was fine until he mentioned that his method of birth control is 'pulling out'. And then I kind of went insane. I mean, how do seemingly rational adults feel like that is an effective form of birth control? Then I told him it wasn't and he got mad at me, because he's older than me so he knows more than I do.

I then proceeded to mention that I have a Bachelor of Science in Biology, and felt that that was a little more relevant to the issue than the concept of knowing more because he's older than me. I also mentioned that he may need to sit in on a grade 5 sex ed class to get his facts straight. Needless to say, we will not be speaking again.

But it got me thinking. If he thinks stuff like this, no wonder the birth rate is so high. No wonder there are so many STDs out there.

Then I spent the next two hours watching Carnivale. Which in my opinion, is one of the best shows on TV right now. It's set in the 1930s, it's about carnie's who travel around the States. And it's the fight between good and evil. Because one of the carnie's Ben (played by Nick Stahl who is supppppppper hot) kind of represents God. He has the power to heal. And this Priest is actually totally evil and kills all kinds of people and is on the hunt for Nick. And the whole show is freaky and weird and is so dark that it's just amazing.

I highly recommend it.

0 comments:

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Should've Been a Super Villain... Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino