From The People Who Brought You Groundhog Day...

February 12, 2005

It just recently dawned on me that Monday is Valentine's Day...

So in light of this recent revelation, I have decided to share a matchmaking story...
It all started a month and a half ago when I was training for a part time job at my permanent part time job (ie. i was taking over for someone while she was gone for a month). So she was training me, for the all time coveted Head Cashier position, and all of a sudden in came Troy... the armored car guy.. he delivers our change orders, and has a gun! So Troy came in, and Janet introduced us... it was love at first sight, for her anyway.

Troy and I had a forced and awkward conversation, and when he left Janet was nothing but smiles. "He's single," she proclaimed, "and he's cute and really nice!" Great, exactly what I needed to hear.. I could see the wheels in her head moving already. She then decided it would be awesome to set us up. She told me the last couple she set up just got married. Wink wink. Luckily she left for a month and nothing happened...
Until today...

When I showed up for work she sprung it on me.... "Stephanie, I have an out of the blue question for you... I was talking to Troy, remember Troy?"
I can feel my heart starting to speed up, rage is filling my body at an alarming rate.. Why the FUCK is she doing this?

"Well I was talking to Troy... and he's still single, and nice, and cute! And he said that I could set him up... and I want to set him up with you."
The blood has drained from my face, I'm in a state of shock.. I thought because I hadn't heard about this for a month and a half, she had forgotten, apparently not.
Somehow I managed to say I would think about it and get out of the door... but as I walked away she called out, "It's only ONE date!"

0 comments:

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Should've Been a Super Villain... Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino