Jesus of Suburbia part deux

February 27, 2005

Lately I've found myself really curious about religion. I don't really have one. I think my dad is Catholic, but my mom is Greek Orthodox. So my baba (grandma) goes to a greek orthodox church, but it's all in Ukranian, so whenever I go, I have no idea what's going on.

But I don't really think that's the religion for me. I need to do some research, but I'm currently leaning towards Buddism.

But what I am sure of, is that mostly, I worship my debit card and my credit card more than anything. I've become a worshipper of consumerism. Shopping is my God. And that is so fucking pathetic.

When you think about all the starving children, kids who don't even have food, or shoes, or clothes, and all I want is a new pair of pants because I don't like the 80 pairs in my closet, then I just start to feel like a complete shit head.

There's this guy, Christian, and he wants to buy a super huge house. I'm not sure why, even he doesn't know. Oh wait, his reason is so he can fit in all the sluts in Toronto. And then he could be super awesome and get laid all the time... I told him paying for sex isn't cool, but I didn't get through. He's such a complete asshole, he refuses to talk to me now that he knows I don't weigh 90lbs. Even though I always told him I was fat, he just never really took it literally. He thinks he's hot shit cause he works at Future Shop and sells computers.

What does someone need a huge house for one person for? You could fit like 80 Ethiopian kids in one of those houses, and it would be better living conditions than they have now.

I always feel weird asking people about their religion, I never mean it to come out judgemental, but I think that it might. But that's totally not how I mean it at all, I'm just curious and would like to know more. But I think some people kinda get offended. But then I think, if someone was asking me about my religion, would I be offended?

No, I'd totally want to talk about it, in a completely non-pressuring way. Not like, convert or die, just like, here's what I believe in, so cool if you like it, cool if you don't. Cause I hate people who force thier religion on you. It's cool that you believe in that, but please respect the fact that I don't.

Anyhoo, hosting an Oscar party tonight. I'm looking forward to Mountain Dew in posh martini glasses.

0 comments:

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Should've Been a Super Villain... Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino